Code Matrix Browser & Count hits only once per document

Posted 4 days ago by Moore, Rick

Post a topic
Un Answered
M
Moore, Rick

I'm having an issue that in the Code Matrix Browser, toggling the "Count hits only once per document" doesn't actually do anything. The results ALWAYS show the total number of coded segments and never the number of documents with a hit. This is a problem when analyzing survey data.

For example, I know that there are 18 codes of Support Problems over 15 documents based on the segment retrieval window. However, as can be seen in the screenshots, whether or not the button is pressed it says there are 18.

0 Votes

1 Comments

W

Wolfgang Meyer posted about 4 hours ago Admin

Hello and thank you for your question,

This is the case because you are looking at a collapsed top code that contains subcodes. Here, the number can even be higher than the number of documents because the subcodes are counted only once but are summed up when collapsing the subcode.

You may consider using the function "Compare Cases & Groups: Quantitatively" instead. Here you find the option "Column percentages based on the number of documents", which might be what you are looking for.

I hope this helps! In case of any remaining questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Wolfgang

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment