Codes missing from main Code System view after rearrangement in Smart Coding Tool

Posted 2 months ago by Ian Seth McPhail

Post a topic
Un Answered
I
Ian Seth McPhail

Hello,

When I rearrange or create new codes in the Smart Coding Tool, sometimes it makes other codes go missing from the Code System window on the main menu.

For example, you can see in the screenshot attached, how the code "Facilitation Experiences" is present in the Smart Coding Tool but not the actual Code System.

I am running both the MAXQDA software and my project directly off of my computer's hard drive, there is no cloud sync involved.
If I type the code name in the Code System search, it does not appear. Oddly enough, I can find the missing code in the correct place if I switch to "Table View" for the Code System, or look at the Code System through the "Code Comparison" tool. It is also present if I generate the subcode statistics for its parent code.

I am on macOS 14.4.1 (23E224), running MAXQDA Plus 24.3.0

Anyone else facing this, or know any fixes? Closing/reopening the project works sometimes but not reliably.

Cheers!

0 Votes

1 Comments

Stine Rüger

Stine Rüger posted 2 months ago Admin

Dear Ian, 

Thank you for bringing up the issue. We have forwarded it to our development department and are working on a solution as quickly as possible. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards, 

Stine

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment