MaxMAPS- cant select nodes

Posted 29 days ago by Philip. loring

Post a topic
Answered
P
Philip. loring

Hi folks; I'm struggling with maxmaps. On code maps for code intersection, sometimes they are rather complicated, and I need to be able to bring nodes forward from behind other lines, give the text background, so everything is readable. However, I regularly encounter nodes that I simply cannot select because they are behind ties, no matter how much I zoom in. if I move things around too much to try to access them I lose the format from the cluster analysis. I'm trying to use "send to back" on the ties but this doesn't make the nodes selectable--the ties behind the nodes still select when I try. 

See attached. Several of the nodes in the denser areas are unaccessible to move even though appearing on top. When you click them, the ties rendered beneath them are unaccessible. 

Is there a way to make nodes "always on top" so they can be selected even if a tie passes beneath them? I'm at my wits end here. Thanks. 

0 Votes

Stine Rüger

Stine Rüger posted 27 days ago Admin Best Answer

Dear Philip, 

Thank you Philip for bringing this issue up. We were able to reproduce the issue that it can be difficult to click and focus on a node in maps with multiple connection lines that cross "over" a node. We added it to the list of future improvements.

As a workaround until then, you can use the "Layers" in MAXMaps to assign connection lines to another layer and then hide that layer temporarily to reach nodes.

In MAXMaps,

• display the "Layers" tab on the left, by clicking the Layers icon in the Start ribbon
  • now try to click on the lines that are in front of the node (hold Shift to select multiple lines)
  • In the ribbon "Line Format" open "Select Layer..." and send the selected lines to another layer (e.g. "Layer 1"
  • In the Layers tab, deselect "Layer 1" to hide all lines on that layer
  • The lines disappear and you can click on the node

Best regards, 

Your MAXQDA Support Team

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
P

Philip. loring posted 27 days ago

Thanks so much for this workaround! I wondered if the layers feature held a solution.

Best,

Phil

0 Votes

Stine Rüger

Stine Rüger posted 27 days ago Admin Answer

Dear Philip, 

Thank you Philip for bringing this issue up. We were able to reproduce the issue that it can be difficult to click and focus on a node in maps with multiple connection lines that cross "over" a node. We added it to the list of future improvements.

As a workaround until then, you can use the "Layers" in MAXMaps to assign connection lines to another layer and then hide that layer temporarily to reach nodes.

In MAXMaps,

• display the "Layers" tab on the left, by clicking the Layers icon in the Start ribbon
  • now try to click on the lines that are in front of the node (hold Shift to select multiple lines)
  • In the ribbon "Line Format" open "Select Layer..." and send the selected lines to another layer (e.g. "Layer 1"
  • In the Layers tab, deselect "Layer 1" to hide all lines on that layer
  • The lines disappear and you can click on the node

Best regards, 

Your MAXQDA Support Team

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment