Merging projects in Team Cloud

Posted 20 days ago by Susan Robinson

Post a topic
Answered
S
Susan Robinson

I have a team with 4 people on a TeamCloud account. I have three questions related to merging files.

1) How do I merge all the files together for the cycle?

2) Of the 4, one of the team is very slow with their coding. So the rest of the team is ready to move on with the next Cycle, but that 4th person is still working on Cycle 2. Once they are done, do they export to Team Cloud with their Cycle two version? Will Team Cloud merge that team member's project with the cycle 3s? I note that my version of Team Cloud does not offer a merge function because of TeamCloud. 

3) We are working with giant files. I want to use each cycle to only give each team member a set number of documents. But once I am ready to analyze, I need to see all the documents and their codes. Is there a way for me to merge all the old cycle files together? I note that my version of Team Cloud does not offer a merge function because of TeamCloud.  How do I manage the side of these files in Team Cloud? 

0 Votes

Stine Rüger

Stine Rüger posted 14 days ago Admin Best Answer

Dear Susan, 

1) the merging of the different project files happens automatically as team lead. When all team members have uploaded their work, you can import the team member's files in your project. You will be asked which parts you want to integrate in your master project. After the merging you can edit codes and documents, rearrange or delete them. After this, you can share the new master project with all the other team members, and they can continue working on the new version. 

2) Merging projects in different cycles is not possible. What I would recommend is that the slow person uploads his/her work even if she is not finished in cycle 2. She can then continue working on the new version, and all team-members should upload their work when the slow person finished. You can create as many cycles as you need. 

3) TeamCloud always uploads and downloads the files on every computer. To make it easier, you could send the files to each team member. The team member works with his files and only after uploading their version all the files will be uploaded together and downloaded then to your computer. 

In general, the Merge function is only visible if you are not logged in your MAXQDA account. With Teamwork, you can merge project files which are stored locally. You find more information about Teamwork in our online manual

In case of any further question, please also find our workbook about TeamCloud or the getting started guide for Teamcloud.

Best regards, 

Your MAXQDA Support Team

0 Votes

1 Comments

Stine Rüger

Stine Rüger posted 14 days ago Admin Answer

Dear Susan, 

1) the merging of the different project files happens automatically as team lead. When all team members have uploaded their work, you can import the team member's files in your project. You will be asked which parts you want to integrate in your master project. After the merging you can edit codes and documents, rearrange or delete them. After this, you can share the new master project with all the other team members, and they can continue working on the new version. 

2) Merging projects in different cycles is not possible. What I would recommend is that the slow person uploads his/her work even if she is not finished in cycle 2. She can then continue working on the new version, and all team-members should upload their work when the slow person finished. You can create as many cycles as you need. 

3) TeamCloud always uploads and downloads the files on every computer. To make it easier, you could send the files to each team member. The team member works with his files and only after uploading their version all the files will be uploaded together and downloaded then to your computer. 

In general, the Merge function is only visible if you are not logged in your MAXQDA account. With Teamwork, you can merge project files which are stored locally. You find more information about Teamwork in our online manual

In case of any further question, please also find our workbook about TeamCloud or the getting started guide for Teamcloud.

Best regards, 

Your MAXQDA Support Team

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment