Video Sync Across Team Cloud

Posted 4 days ago by Madeline Keyes

Post a topic
Un Answered
M
Madeline Keyes

Hi,

To sum up the issue we've been having, I (a team member) uploaded a set of transcripts and their associated videos to my version of our Team Cloud-based project. When I uploaded my version and we synced to start a new cycle, my team lead was able to access the videos but our other team member was not. The error message read that she did not have access to the external files.

The Collaborative Data Analysis using MaxQDA TeamCloud ebook includes the following passage on page 33: "Audio and video files as well as large PDF and image files are not saved in a MAXQDA project file by default but are linked to it as external files. For team projects that are managed via TeamCloud, it is not necessary to worry about providing the external files for the team members, because the management of these files is automated by MAXQDA. All audio, video, image, and PDF files of a team project are automatically stored in a local folder and MAXQDA synchronizes the files via TeamCloud with all computers on which a team project is downloaded." My other team member and I were able to work around the issue by providing the external files directly; according to the text above, it looks like we should not have to do this! Any insight/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Votes

1 Comments

W

Wolfgang Meyer posted 1 day ago Admin

Hello,

Thank you for your question. You are right, Team Cloud should take care of the external data as well. It seems there was a problem with properly downloading the video data to the accounts of the team members. It might already help if they leave and re-join the project, to attempt another download of the data.

I hope this helps!

Wolfgang

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment